Old March 6th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Dead Man in Car Gets 3 Parking Tickets

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 18:23:36 -0600,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>>> Maybe in places like Mahomet or Pontiac, where the town can't afford
>>> to hire a meter maid. In any place of decent size, however, I betcha
>>> even the traffic cops won't lower themselves to write parking tickets.

>>I've seen cops write them.... go figure.

> Where?

Most suburbs. One of my former employers would have the cops come on to
the property and write parking tickets to all the arseholes that insisted
in parking illegally and often in the way.

> I recall the time I was dining at The Weber Grill in Chicago. From the
> window next to my booth I could see a bunch of cars parked in a no
> parking zone right there on State Street with their hazard flashers
> on. While I ate, at least 3 CPD squad cars drove by; not one of them
> even slowed down, let alone wrote a parking ticket.

The city of chicago is not the entire state. There is CPD and then there
is the department of revenue. The further you get away from the loop the
less one sees the department of revenue except for booting cars. That
said, when I was living on the near south side I would see actual cops
writing parking tickets.