Old July 14th 05, 04:07 PM
Ulf

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Is there any legitimate method for turning a clear glass bulb into an
> amber one? I'm not nuts about the lack of contrast between the turn
> signals and headlights, but I'm also not prepared to modify the very
> rare and expensive parking light housings with a different socket...

Actually, white parking lights/turn signals work pretty good, at least
as long as they're not too close to the headlights. I put clear turn
signal/parking/DRL bulbs on my Camaro (as a temporary fix after the
inspection) last spring, and I almost prefer having white DRLs, seem to
be less confusing IME.

There's also a product called "Color Chrome", or something like that. I
thought about buying a can and color the lights on my BMW a little. I'm
not sure if it works on bulbs, or only lenses, but it might be worth a
try. YMMV.

> nate

Ulf