Old July 13th 05, 09:10 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, y_p_w wrote:

> Well - I've done halfassed **** in a pinch.

In a pinch, sure. I got my '65 Valiant started and driveable home when the
distributor condenser failed by wiring a Tecumseh lawnmower engine
condenser across the coil negative and ground...but when I got home, I
fixed it right!

> Oh - I was looking around for alternatives and saw that the PIAA "Mirror
> Orange" bulb is available in 7440. Don't know if they're worth
> $40/pair, but I can't imagine that it's quite as bad as their
> headlights.

Every time I've figured that such-and-such a PIAA product can't be as bad
as their headlights...

....I've been wrong.

Also, if you pay $40 for a pair of turn signal bulbs, I'll come over there
and kick your ass myself. I can do it, too; I've got DSL.