Old July 13th 05, 07:58 PM
y_p_w

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, y_p_w wrote:
>
> > I'm not trying it myself, but I've heard of people taking clear bulbs
> > and marking them with a clear orange sharpie.

> *laugh*
>
> People do all kinds of stupid, halfassed ****. This qualifies as that.

Well - I've done halfassed **** in a pinch. Once someone backed into
my dad's car in a supermarket parking lot when I borrowed it. I
exchanged insurance info and assessed the damage (slight sheetmetal
damage and a busted taillight assembly). Then I walked into the store
and got some translucent red tape to patch it up. It looked ugly,
but I figure I didn't want to risk getting a ticket.

Oh - I was looking around for alternatives and saw that the PIAA
"Mirror Orange" bulb is available in 7440. Don't know if they're
worth $40/pair, but I can't imagine that it's quite as bad as their
headlights.