Old June 15th 05, 05:06 AM
Stephen Cowell

"DougW" > wrote in message =
news:niMre.15993$mC.9041@okepread07...
> reigelser did pass the time by typing:
> > I just tried the proposed starting procedure. KeyOnEngineoff for =

10sec and
> > then crank but no vroom. I needed a second try. When I turn the key =

I hear
> > the Fuel pump for approx 1sec (I believe its the fuel pump).

>=20
> Your correct, the pump runs (primes) the system for about 1 sec.
>=20
> > With the engine
> > cold there is a little delay in the throttle response. Between =

Pushing the
> > throttle a bit and the revs coming up is a ~0.5sec delay. When I rev =

the
> > engine at 2000 and go of the Throttle it goes all the way down to =

~300rpm
> > before it comes up to 800 again.0

>=20
> That's normal. Your letting off the throttle is telling the engine to
> go into braking mode.

I disagree... 300rpm is not normal... I feel that the idle air
solenoid is closing down when he opens the throttle, then
motoring back up after the throttle hits the closed stop.
This certainly points to a TPS problem.... let's see what
happens after he performs the TPS alignment procedure
you gave.
__
Steve
..