Old March 11th 05, 06:01 PM

CobraJet wrote:

> Nah, there's something more to it. This
> has gone beyond reason, so answer:
> what exactly are you trying to accomplish?
> You too, Patrick.

I already answered that. Here it is, again, intact from the post you
just replied to:

> > So hang around for another 20 years, Limp Rick. Lord knows you've

got
> > nothing better to do. Just spare us the "persona," OK? Stick with

the
> > facts and everyone will get along just fine. Sure the facts are
> > pathetic, but that's OK too. An unemployed emotionally stunted
> > middle-aged gas bag with 30 old cars rotting to nothingness because
> > he's too lazy to do anything with them -- what's not to like?

But this is not about me. It's about Limp Rick. So now it's your
turn. What's the truth about all this "I was there, in the day, I'm
the one working on my cars, getting greasy, I'm the only one in the NG
with a full set of tools" stuff? It shouldn't take more than a few
minutes to answer.

Here's the framework, from what I've read over the past four years:

You grew up in the San Leandro Valley. You turned 16 in 1972, the same
year as the last of the real musclecars came out. You got a 289 '68
Mustang in 1974, the year you graduated high school. That would have
cost $1500-2000, the equivalent of about 700 hours pay for a high
school kid. Since you're so lazy, I conclude that Mommy and Daddy paid
for it.

You went to college for awhile but dropped out. During this same
timeframe you took your Stang to a few street races. Since a 289 Stang
would have been everybody's bitch, I conclude that you were not much of
an active participant. Probably posed with your car a lot and shot the
**** with the other hangers-on. Probably went to a drag strip a few
times too. Probably living at home. Probably got a job in a car
stereo shop.

So now we're up to the late '70's or early '80's. The Stang had got a
second 289, but by now that was toast too. Did you ever get it into the
12's?

At some point you moved to Arizona. You also began picking up the old
heaps, which in #4 condition in this era would have been available dirt
cheap. At some point you opened your own car stereo shop. You bought
an '86 232 ci Cougar. That was your driver until you inherited your
Dad's '82 Accord. A few years ago that gave way to a '97 281 ci ex-cop
Crown Victoria.

Now you own 30-31 cars, and by your own admission only the CV and a '64
station wagon are running. Possibly a '70 Torino is running, too. But
you claim to be turning that one into a race car. Time will tell, and
progress has been extremely slow, six months and counting. So the
Torino is sliding into the same pit as the rest of the cars: sitting
and rotting. The engine donor '73 Ranger is already there. And there
it will remain, with all the others. You're one of those assholes we
car hobbyists see all the time, the guy that will never sell his cool
old cars and will never work on them either, so they rot.

Finally, in the four years I've been around this NG, I've never seen
one story from you regarding working on, driving, or racing any of your
cars, or working on or racing anybody else's car for that matter. That
is, until you started the 460 truck motor into the Torino project. The
amount of posting you've done on that project, compared to the absolute
silence which preceded it, is conclusive that you had no projects
before that. NoOp Patrick has said it has been the same since you
first showed up in 1996 or 1997. Not one word about a project car,
working on a car, driving a car, or racing a car.

As for the other stuff, you have written many times about your 20-30
cats. You have written many times about your "disabilities." You have
never mentioned working a job. You once described a plan to market car
alarm installs in snowbird RV's. You very recently mentioned the
possibility of salvaging old car parts for resale. You have endless
free time. I put all this together and conclude that you have not
worked for many years, and that your main support is probably a monthly
SSI disability check.

Finally, here's the very funny stuff about your cyber romance with the
gay guy from Alabama, who posted here as "Emily the Tygress":
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...68ec6f4dba3b18
..

So there you go, your life. Limp Rick. 48 years old, diamond in the
rough, brilliant potential, borderline genius, coulda been a contenduh
if you cared enough to try, but you were too good to try. Wrong, Limp
Rick, wrong! Accomplishments show what you are, not daydreams. So where
are the accomplishments? 30 mangy cats, 30 rotting cars, 13,000 Usenet
posts from an obnoxious and childish on-line "persona," and all the
while sucking the tit of a faked up SSI disability. That's the real
you. Time to stop the daydreaming and face the facts.

180 Out
TS 28