Old April 4th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default How do you store your hard top?

Kate, I have trouble understanding your reluctance to expose that top
to the environment it was designed for. I have a topper for my MJ
that sits on 2 4x4's on the ground in direct sun/rain/snow for
probably 11 months out of the year. When it comes time to put it on
for a trip with the wife (she can fill it with luggage for a one night
stay!) I walk out with the hose, open the rear hatch and spray all the
leaves, spiders, and assorted mud off it then roll it on. The finish
on the topper seems to stand up better than the factory paint on the
Jeep ever did.

If I lived in your neck of the woods, I would sure as heck tie it down
well, though.

--
Will Honea