Old January 29th 05, 10:32 PM
TheSmogTech

Hello putt,

It is possible your vehicle has an earlier model of the OBD II Engine
Control System. These computer systems were not designed to work with
the new California State mandated smog machine systems. There are
simply two solutions to this problem. First you may see the vehicle's
dealer/manufacturer and explain your problem. They may be able to
re-program your engine computer to function with the new smog
equipment. Your second option is to have your vehicle inspected by the
State Referee's Office. They may bypass the smog equipments OBDII
connection system and PASS your vehicle. You may reach the Referee's
Office at (800)622-7733.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If there is anything I can
help with in the future, don't hesitate to e-mail.

For more information you may want to locate a reputable smog service
center in your area by simply typing in your zip code in the Smog Shop
Locator search section at www.smogtips.com

Sincerely,
Alec - SmogTips Support www.smogtips.com

Humor of the Week - Presented by Harry from Glendale,CA

A husband and wife find an ostrich and decide to keep her. Their
walking her down the street one day when a neighbor notices them and
stops to ask what their doing. The husband explain to the neighbor that
they found this ostrich and they are taking it on a walk. The neighbor
tells them that they should take the ostrich to the zoo. The husband
and wife think about it and continue to walk down the street. One week
later this same neighbor runs into this husband and wife at the movie
theaters, again with the ostrich. Surprised,he runs up to them to ask
them what in the world they're thinking and why they haven't taken the
ostrich to the zoo yet. The husband answers "we took her to the zoo
yesterday. Today we thought we'd take her to the movies."