Old January 24th 05, 11:11 PM
Steve

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> How about the other way round?
>
> DAS

I don't think so. In particular, MB rear taillamp treatments on the
market this year look VERY much like Hondas and Camrys from 3-5 years ago.

Ah, found some supporting photos.
2003 Honduhh Accord coupe:
http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/ma...L500C_main.jpg

2005 Benz CL:
http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/ma...L500C_main.jpg

If those aren't clones, I don't know what qualifies. Yes, I'd rather
have the Benz (as a former frequent-poster once told me, I have a "feral
hatred" of Asian cars). But I'd rather have a '71 GTX than either of
them :-)
http://www.moparmuscleclub-sa.org/im...2/P9281823.jpg

Its all part of the homogenization of automotive styling. Very few
designs truly stand out anymore, and the Magnum/300C definitely do. So
do the Cadillacs and the Pontiac Aztek, but to my eye they stand out in
a BAD way. Kinda like the way a skunk stands out in a flower garden.