Old January 16th 05, 05:44 PM
Darius

People!
If I really wanted to browse Consumer Reports to tell me how reliable
(unreliable cars are) I would (and did actually) check out those sites. However
these suits have never sat inside a Saturn. I wanted an actual owner feedback.
Yes, I checked out carreviews.com, carsurvey.org etc. These are mostly written
by folks who never maintain their cars, have tons of problems with their
vehicles and like to vent it somewhere, but are hardly ever addressing the
specific problem areas. I am looking for trouble spots on a specific car (SOHC
and manual tranny SC1), rarely do you see reviewers specifying equipment of
their test car, and in most cases they drive the top model with all the
features and options. I just need to know what your experiences are with the
basic Saturn coupe, what problems have you experienced, and what are some of
the signs of things potentially about to break.
If you are going to try to point me to a website, it better be a good,
informative one, but I'd much rather hear from an actual owner telling his
horror stories, although I'd prefer to hear good stories
This is why I posted to a Saturn-specific newsgroup.
Thank you again.

You could also check Consumer Reports at the library to see what the repair
record is on this car. Also search this group using the groups page of
www.google.com