Old May 30th 05, 05:06 PM

True...but.

For a car, the tolerances wouldn't have to be what they are in an
airplane. I've removed several mag sets that could have been repaired
IF the FAA would allow them but no, aircraft mechanics are slowly being
reduced to parts changers. Thats why I love homebuilders. Don't buy it
when you can build it. Anyway, thats a whole other story.

I agree with the low rpm, high torque post above, thats why I thought
it might be an interesting combo on like a rail buggy with the old
style bus gear reduction trans. The C65 didn't have an electrical
system so a starter would be an issue. The intake and exhaust could be
built as can a cooling shroud and fan. A run out O200 would still last
a long time in a buggy if one had the grey matter to get it mated to
the trans.

I just thought it an interesting topic of discussion. I drove my buggy
to work Saturday (about 50 miles on the interstate each way) and one of
the other pilots who had never seen a VW motor commented that it looked
a lot like an O200.

<><
TC