Old January 20th 05, 11:39 AM
Thomas Steen Petersen

Default Retrofitting MF Steering wheel and cruise control in a '96 e39

Hi All,

I have a e39 523i from 1996 (September). The car does not have cruise
control or multifunction steering wheel.
I wanted to have both installed in my car, so I contacted my local BMW
dealership. According to them, I can only get the cruise control with a
control arm sitting next to the windscreen wiper arm, and it is not possible
to retrofit the multifunction steering wheel.

I know that it was possible to get the car with the multifunction steering
wheel controlling the cruise control factory installed back in '96, so I
think it is strange why it shouldn't be possible to install it afterwards...

Any ideas/input? Is it true that this can not be done?

Any help and input is appreciated,
Thomas Petersen.