Old January 10th 05, 05:53 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Magnulus > wrote:

> I've taken busses alot. They vary in how good they are.

From "bad" to "worse". That's not counting the ever-popular "nonexistent".

>True, most busses are poorly funded, but there IS a solution to that.

Like taking money from drivers to pay for them? How about just raising the
fare.

> The local bus stop is about a mile from my house. I can walk that in
>about 15 minutes or less.

4 miles an hour is a pretty brisk walk, most people walk slower.
Personally, I don't like to walk 15 minutes in rain, sleet, snow, ice,
or 90+ degree heat. Nor do I like to do it on a sprained knee or
other minor injury. Yet if I had to depend on the bus, I'd have to.

>A good walk gets your mind off things and
>definitely lowers my pulse and blood pressure

Unfortunately, waiting for the bus will bring that blood pressure right
back up.