Old June 14th 05, 10:00 PM
punk-tilous

"John H" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:54:44 GMT, "punk-tilous" >
> wrote:
>

>>The article claims..
>>The male driver of a V6-powered Mustang, with its 210-horsepower engine,
>>clearly has "enough" power. Probably more than enough.
>>
>>Having just rented a V-6 Mustang at Ontario airport recently, I can
>>honestly
>>say that there were many situations, as I was driving to Rancho Mirage,
>>that
>>the car was seriously underpowered and so I totally disagree with the
>>"more
>>than enough" assertion.
>>

> Could you embellish on the occasions when the V-6 was seriously
> underpowered? My
> neighbor took me for a ride in his, and it seemed very peppy (not quite as
> peppy
> as my GT though).
> --
> John H
>
> "All decisions are the result of binary thinking."

One example was on the freeway going about 65MPH. Whenever I would try to
pass someone in the fast lane, it just didn't have enough power or torque
and it took a while to finish the pass. The last Mustang owned was an 88
with the venerable cast-iron 5.0 engine and it supposedly had 200HP but it
was certainly more peppy than this 200HP V-6. During city driving, it was
extremely quick off the line from a stop but at about 35 to 40MPH, it seemed
to hit a dead spot and became unresponsive for a bit. Perhaps, it was just
the gearing since it was an automatic.