Old December 8th 04, 03:31 AM

Default "Hurricane" To Use Pushrods?

As some of you have probably heard, Ford has an engine under
development coded named Hurricane. There are all kinds of rumors
circulating about the location of the cams -- OHC or OHV -- in this
motor.

Well here's another one:

Per Hemmings:

"Perhaps Lightning [pickup] will return with the
currently-in-development pushrod Hurricane engine, should it come to
fruitation: it too is said to be due around 2009."

SVT has said they wanted to cut the fat from future products. Perhaps
the big cammers with their supercharger plumbing weigh too much. Maybe
a compact, big-displacement, normally-aspirated, pushrod motor is
lighter and cheap to build.

If if happens, it sure will be ironic. Since the 70's it has been less
cubes and more cams... and lately power adders. Now it sounds like
they'll soon be weaning us of the blown cammers and back on to big
cranks and cylinders.

This is all getting just too weird for me... I think it either means
the end of the world is coming, or we've all been casted in a Rod
Sterling Twilight Zone episode...

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD