Old July 16th 05, 03:39 PM
Z’RiX

I want to thank you all for your response I did check on car fax and the car
had a accident when it was only about 6 months old it was the front fender
and that was the only damage the cost was $1000.00 for repair and i asked
the sell (My brother inlaw) he sent me the repair sheet. The fender was
replaced by the dealer and painted all other thing are great in the
CARFAX...

You see my brother inlaw leased this new then after the time was up he
financed then refied and just has to many other bills to deal with to the
reason for the $12000.00 price tag is he is just letting me take it for what
he owes...
Better then to just give it back and destrow his credit so it is helping
both of us out he gets out from under a bill and I get my first vette and a
nice 1 at that I have always liked the C5 but did not know them by that term
only by years 97,98,99 and so on

Thanx
--

Z’RiX (<>..<>)

"Dad" > wrote in message
You guys need to get into this century, compression checks went out years
ago because of the way they are built today. Never heard of a coolant leak
on a manifold of a C5, does coolant go through the manifold on a C5? Do they
have reusable seals unlike the cast iron small block? Have the frame
checked? Doesn't carfax tell all about the car and its accidents if any?
Rust in a 9 year old Corvette?

I do agree with Charlie, the C5 is going up instead of down with the release
of the C6. Although I have heard of problems they have been few and far
between with the C6. The reason for the price hike on the C5 is that most
people still see the C6 as a not so hot change over the C5. Plus they all
think their dick will get longer if they can get one of those Z06s. Other
than the stupid sixth gear debacle the car is a sleeper and will remain that
way as long as all of those nice C5s are available. Its performance is
scary, and it is put to the ground so well you don't realize just how far
you are over your limits. If I told you how fast it is you wouldn't believe
me, and I'd bet my last dollar none of you would take a ride with me to
prove it. One thing I will pass on to you is that in second and third gear
you can lay black marks right up to maximum rpms. I'm not saying smoke the
tires, I'm saying that the power is put to the road so uniform that it will
just run on the edge of breaking loose and lay a nice pair of tire marks in
both gears. In first gear it just destroys the rear tires so you have to
feather it off the line.

My '98 was one of the 5 best GM cars I ever owned.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

news