Old July 16th 05, 07:00 AM
disallow via CarKB.com

I test drove a 2002 civic coupe, it was noticeably slower than my 98 civic lx.
I think it has to do with LEV vs ULEV standards.

If your 97 is that sucked out, its time for a tune up, cap rotor plugs plug
wires fuel filter pcv valve air filter etc etc and do a timing adjustment!
Get honda parts, they are the best, and the price is not even that bad,
except the PCV valve, its $20 from the dealer and $3 from canadian tire, but
the canadian tire one is a piece of **** that doesn't even fit properly into
the rubber grommet. So once again, go with Honda parts!

Your 97 should then easily kick the ass of the 01. -GRIN-