Old March 14th 05, 10:35 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-03-14, XS11E > wrote:

>> That's exactly opposite of what I (or anybody I've ever talked
>> to) wants. I have _never_ needed to have my headlights on
>> with the key off, yet I often wish I could power a cell phone
>> or map light or whatever with the key off.

> I see your point but I think having the headlights on with the
> key off is some kind of safety thing that might be required by
> law?

I don't think so. I've run across a few models that shut the
headlights off when the key was in the off position (VW I
think?).

> I know in England you had to have the parking lights on when
> parked on the street, maybe still do?

I don't remember ever seing cars parked on the street sitting
with their parking lights on in England, but I can see allowing
parking lights to be on without the key.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Yow! Are you the
at self-frying president?