Old August 30th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_1_]

Default seller's ignorance

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article . net>,
> "Art" > wrote:
>
> > Most important.... don't take a certified or any other official
> > check unless you were at the bank seeing it drawn up.

> Don't even take it then.

I live in a small mountain town in Colorado, where I know all the year round
residents, and lots of stuff about them too. That is why I asked for cash
when I sold a car to one of my neighbors. I explained that I "have to have
cash, just because you come from Silverton". He didn't have a problem with
that.

A dealer will take a personal check, credit card, anything. The difference
between a dealer and you, is that the dealer has lawyers on retainer to go
after deadbeats.

Earle