Old July 6th 05, 03:15 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:52:58 -0400, "Ted B." >
wrote:

>Everyone seems to be assuming that the pedestrian was unintentionally
>stupid. To me it sounds like some kind of sick prank.

That's definitely a possibility.

Kinda like that auto insurance commercial where a squirrel runs out
into the road in front of an oncoming station wagon: the wagon swerves
to avoid hitting the squirrel and crashes into the ditch, and the
second squirrel comes out and high-fives the first squirrel.

As many drivers have noticed, there is an element to society that,
while powerless in their everyday lives, loves to exert what little
control they do have whenever possible. These are the people who walk
S-L-O-O-O-W-L-Y through the crosswalk in front of your car in order to
make you wait longer, or drive S-L-O-O-O-W-L-Y down the street because
they know another car is behind them. I would not put it past such
people to attempt a prank like this.

>That is, convenient 2nd pedestrian on the side (so can't swerve right).

And to high-five the first guy after he makes the car crash.