Old July 6th 04, 08:31 PM
Emjay

Default Alfa 164 Electric Window problem

Hello folks,

Thought I'd ask the audience for some advice before I leap in with my
screwdriver !

Both front windows on our Alfa 164 (2.0TS) intermittently stop
working. The nearside blows the 30A fuse occasionally, and the
offside window wont move (or gets stuck).

You can here a small relay clicking when you press the button, but
that's all. I don't think the problem is physical (as in something
preventing free movement) but I can't be sure.

Before I go into "stripdown mode", has anyone had any similar problems
with electric windows on 164's ? Any help or advice gratefully
received.

Many thanks in advance.

Marcus

in a cloudy Wrexham, UK.