Old August 30th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jonathan David Jones

Default EPC Light

I've seen thousands of postings about this everywhere, but I thought
I'd give it a shot. I have a 2001 VW New Beetle, and for the past three
months the EPC light keeps going on and off. Every time I take it to a
shop or the dealer, they tell me they can't see anything wrong. I've
read that it's something to do with the coils, or something to do with
the exhaust sensor, but nothing conclusive. I'd really prefer not to
break down on the side of the road. But, can I just ignore this light
as yet another thing that's wrong with my VW?

Anyone's help will be REALLY appreciated.

:JD