Old June 19th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Rear end swap

DW wrote:
> I've got a 99 v-6 and I'd like to put an 8.8" limited slip rear end in.
> Would any Fox chassis rear work? Didn't Ford change mounting points for the
> 4 link at some point? Thanks for any help.

Probably the easiest way would be to just order the complete rearend
assembly from your Ford Motorsport catalog PN: M-4001-S327. My 2004
catalog shows this to be $750.
Kit includes axle shafts, caliper mounting brackets and a 3.27:1 ratio
gear set with Traction-Lock differential. Says its a direct fit for the
99-02 Mustangs. Says it also fits the 94-98 Mustangs, but is 1.5 inches
longer.