Old March 27th 05, 11:55 PM
CardsFan

> wrote in message
news
> What is up with the GM styling and design team. Ford and Chrysler are
> pulling away. I am a GM junkie but I find myself always looking back
> at the "good ole days" instead of the present. Other than the Corvette
> the Chevy line up is weak. It seems as though the bean counters have
> left Ford and taken up residence at GM.

Yeah, the 500, the Freestyle, the Focus - those are really exotic. And that
retro T-Bird was so hot they couldn't keep 'em in stock.

> Maybe they will wake up and realize that most people want well made
> and good looking cars. That will answer the question of why they
> aren't selling the cars that they currently are producing. For the
> love - I find myself considering a new Mustang.

Which is about all they'd have going for them right now if it wasn't for the
F-150.

Ford isn't GM's problem - the imports are. That and their bloated executive
ranks, and labor contracts that the market can't support anymore.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp