Old October 21st 04, 01:43 AM
Wayne Johnson

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:36:28 -0500, X-Eliminator
> wrote:

>You are looking for (and apparently receiving from the other posters)
>a comlex explanation for a simple solution.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. This from the guy bitching about referring to
the manual.

>You don't need to remove
>the antenna motor & housing to replace the MAST.

Sure. Right.

http://www.corvetteforum.cc/techtips...D=17&TopicID=2

>You simply order the
>mast kit from the vendor of your choice ( www.ecklers.com or
>www.madirect.com ) and pull up on the antenna (after you turn on the
>radio) and pull the mast & plastic drive strip out of the housing and
>re-install in reverse order -- YOU DON'T NEED TO REMOVE THE MOTOR &
>HOUSING. Of course if you want the added expense of doing an R & R of
>the entire antenna & motor assembly, that's completely up to you, but
>you are simply wasting your money.

Ever done it yourself?

Wayne "No, of course not...you just read the catalogs" Johnson

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)