Old December 17th 04, 05:33 AM

The PT Cruiser wouldn't be too slow for you. Here are some 0-60 and
1/4 mile times (in seconds)
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html :
2003 PT Cruiser GT (Turbo) w/auto 7.2; 15.7
1989 Porsche 944 7.5 15.7
1980 Porsche 924 Turbo 9.3 17.0
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo 7.1 15.6
1991 Nissan NX 2000 7.8 16.1
1985 Nissan 300ZX 8.2 16.4
1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (auto) 7.4 15.7
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 7.0 15.4
1990 Mazda RX-7 GTU 8.6 16.7

But try fitting a load of 8 foot long 2X4's in any of the others, and
yo're out of luck. They'll fit nicely in the PT Cruiser GT with the
hatch closed.

Mileage and turning radius are not so great though. Although it parks
pretty well despite the turning radius thanks to the rounded front end.

Read more at my PT Cruiser photo gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser

BTW, I LOVE my PT Cruiser GT.

I love walking up to it, I love sitting it, I love driving it, I love
the higher seating position, I love hitting the accelerator, I love
catching a glimpse of it from a distance, I love loading it with stuff.
What can I say, I'm in love with my car.

Funny thing is I didn't care for them when they first came out. I
thought they were gimmicky, but I didn't realize how practical and fun
they were to drive.