Old December 11th 04, 03:18 PM
TomP

Sounds like galvanic corrosion
(http://www.mcnallyinstitute.com/CDweb/g-html/g002.htm).

Have your mechanic check for voltage in the radiator. Start the engine and
let it fully warm up, fans should cycle two times min. Then with the
engine and cooling fans running. Check for voltage between the radiator
core (metal) and the negative (-) battery terminal. There should be zero
volts.... If the voltage measured is over .003mV, you have voltage in the
radiator. That voltage wants to go to ground. Since the radiator is
(supposed to be) insulated from the rest of the car. The coolant becomes
the path of least resistance.

Cheers, Tp

--
Tp,