Old November 20th 04, 01:12 AM
General Schvantzkoph

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:43:48 +0000, GrtArtiste wrote:

> My mother has just acquired a 1996 Chrysler Concorde (3.5L engine) from another
> family member (89000 miles, $3600). She is confident that the car has been
> maintained, not abused, and all recalls are up to date. Aside from the air
> conditioner being inoperative (I understand this was a common problem with this
> model, quoted $900 to fix), the car appears to be in good shape and everything
> else is operational. Are there any other well known conditions-problems I
> should be on the lookout for since I will be keeping an eye on the car for her?
> Thanks for any replies.

I have a 94 with the same 3.5. AC is out on mine also. I also started to
develop transmission problems at 90K miles. The symptom is vibration
around 35MPH and it is slow to engage when it's cold. The dealer said that
there was an internal failure but they couldn't say how long it would last
before it failed completely. I've since put another 33,000 miles on it and
it's still functioning although it's behavior is gradually getting worse.
Don't know if this is a common Concorde problem but if you do start to
notice the transmission misbehaving be advised that it doesn't mean that
its going to stop working immediately.