Old June 24th 05, 06:25 PM
Milleron

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:18:21 -0500, Casey >
wrote:

>T.L.Miller said
>> Almost as soon as I got my new 2003 Accord EX, I noticed that the tires
>> seemed to lose grip sooner than I expected when braking. I was used
>> to a '99 Cougar. I have continued to be surprised how soon the
>> anti-lock function engages.
>>
>> With only 23k miles, I decided to see about replacing the front
>> P205/60R/16s -- Michelin MXV4s. When I told the tire store I wanted
>> something other than Michelin MXV4s, they were surprised and claimed
>> these tires had a good reputation for traction, etc.
>>
>> Any opinions on these tires?
>>
>> I'm tempted to get a pair of GoodyearTripleTred Technology tires.

>I put the TripleTred's on my 2003 EX V6 Coupe and I love them. My car
>handled noticeably better when I changed from the OEM Bridgestones.
>It's a stiffer tire but I like the feel and the way they corner.
>
>As far as traction (wet or dry) it's hard to beat the TripleTreds.

Any noticeable loss of fuel economy?
(I figure it's always a tradeoff: the softer the tire, the better the
performance, but the less fuel-efficient it is. I'm always looking
for something that will improve performance of the OEM without
worsening my mileage significantly.)

Ron