Old May 25th 05, 01:56 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Shag" > wrote in message

> Damn, Christina. Lighten up! :-)

im actually down ten pounds....

If it weren't for Muir then I
> would seriously not even be on RAMVA. I read that book and like
> "tricky" said, it was fun to read and I did learn some stuff while
> reading it. It made me feel much more comfortable when it came to
> working on my vehicle. I'll be the first (ok, the second...or
> third...etc, etc) to admit that the work I do on my VWs is "less than
> professional" but doing that work is entertaining to me, even if it
> might not sound like it sometimes if you listen to what comes out of
> my mouth as I'm splitting the knuckle on the middle finger of my right
> hand for the seventh time in a row during the same hour. I guess I'm
> an "intended people." :-D I realize there are better, more accurate
> manuals out there (and I own a few of them) than the Muir book, but I
> won't condem it because it's not the best.

the *only* problem i have with the advice that flew in this thread is that
the OP has been told to basically buy every single ****ing printed book that
mentions a vw....waste...bull****....i'm not condemning the Muir book, it
has about as much credibility as the VW Mags we've been subjected to over
the years....but we don't suggest every newbie get a susbscription to those
to learn the *proper* way to maintain/repair their cars....just have trouble
suggesting a book that is known to be wrong and potentially damaging, yet is
touted as a "repair manual"....its a bull**** waste of time for anyone who
*really* wants to work on their car....(as you have seen with your "real"
manuals)

> Try to find the chapter
> on how to have sex in your VW in any of the other manuals. ;-)

sorry, never *needed* anyone to explain how to have sex to me...no matter
where i chose to do it...