Old November 28th 04, 06:56 AM
Jim Warman

This sounds like a gnarly problem.... leaving the fuel cap off would
constitute a gross EVAP system leak and should trigger the CEL if left
unatended. At any rate, it will likely require some emissions systems
diagnostics to find the cause. I'd suggest having the PCM scanned for codes
and choosing the appropriate diagnostic routine for your findings.

FWIW... I see no mention of a fuel cap warning light in the WSM until
2002.... Perhaps your owners manual might shed some light on the subject.