Old June 13th 04, 07:29 PM
Circuit Breaker

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:23:47 -0400, R.Reppy wrote:

> I'm really embarassed to have to ask this, 'cause it's gonna make me look
> like such a dumb**** when it comes to cars. But here goes...
> Anybody know where the air filter is in a dodge van? I can't find it
> under the hood, and know it must need changing by now. I'd appreciate some
> guidance (preferrably without too much laughter).... R.

Depends. What engine?

Regardless, it's normally near the top. If you see a big plastic "hose"
going from the front to the rear, it's at the rear end of that hose
(probably). Not sure about turbo setups. If you have a more recent
[mini]van, it'll be in a rectangularish plastic housing close to the
firewall. The 4-cylinder engine has a broad, shallow housing with three
plastic screws on top (each screw has a 1/4-inch square hole -- get your
ratchet wrench). On the 6-cylinder 3.0L, its a deeper, but narrower, box
with a rubber hose going to the big aluminum thing (intake plenum) on top
of the engine. On the 3.3 L, if memory serves, it's on the driver's side,
beside the wheelwell, also a rectangularish box.

On a "true" van, dunno, I've never seen their engines, but look for a
rectangularish box with a big (as in around 3 inch diameter or so) rubber
or plastic "hose" going from some big plastic box toward the front of the
vehicle on newer models, or, on older ones look for a big circular pan on
top of the engine with a little wingnut on top.

AFAIK, IIRC, YMMV, HIH, and TTYL

CJ
--
THIS POST ORIGINATED FROM USENET, *NOT* ANY WEB-BASED FORUM! IF YOU ARE READING
IT FROM A WEB BROWSER SUCH AS INTERNET EXPLORER OR NETSCAPE, THEN YOU ARE NOT