Old February 4th 04, 03:54 AM
Anon

"aniram" > wrote in message
om...
> Both looks the same, although I only see the Aveo on recent TV ad.
> Again.. is this another development sharing, or just a design style
> coincidence.

No development sharing, just design conincidence. Not design coincidence as
much as filling part of the market: For compact ugly cars. In the more
general ugly catagory it is competing with Aztek, Element and Scion xB
(thankfully not in Canada). Although I noticed the headlights / taillights
in the Aveo look a lot like the Kia SUV.

> I recall that Toyota Corolla and GM Prizm shared the same design. Also
> with the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe (or was it Hyundai matrix in
> Asia?)

> How close is Aveo with Suzuki swift, or Daewoo Kalos?

100%

> I heard that
> Chevy Optra is actually another Daewoo car. Is Daewoo part of GM now ?

Daewoo went tits up, GM bought into it.