Old October 23rd 04, 03:48 AM
Chris Perdue

>Ive done 4 sets now and the old spot weld bit about $8 is showing real wear.
>and I weld and dress the holes before sending for powdercoating. I'm sure an
>hour or more.

well if you have to weld the holes then i guess it does take longer...i have
done three sets of pans and removed the jackpoints(have done four sets of pans,
but have not removed the jack points from the last ones yet, although i have
removed jackpoints from original pans on bugs i have owned) and have never
actually drilled a hole all the way through...i don't even nick the pan....so
hitting the small high spot with a sanding disk is all that is needed...
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004