Old May 8th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Ford F150 rear right BRAKE light problem

"papadad" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Anyone have a wiring diagram to explain what the 4 wires from the front
> of the vehicle to the rear bumper do? I am guessing that one is brake,
> one is left turn, one is right turn, and one is reverse. am I on
> the right track? And also a wiring diagram from those 4 wires to the
> 2 brake lights (2 filaments each)? Is the TURN signal (blink
> on/off) on the same line as the BRAKE signal? Does my question even
> make sense?

From memory, The brown wire is running /park lights. The yellow is left
turn/brake light. The green is right turn/brake. Purple is back-up lights.
Same bulb filament is used for brake and turn signal.
Make sure the bulb is an 1157 bulb, and is inserted correctly. Also make
sure any trailer wiring that has been added on is connected correctly.

--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor