Old January 21st 05, 05:05 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> Around 1/19/2005 11:07 PM, Magnulus wrote:
>
> > "Cory Dunkle" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Driving at 85 MPH vs 70 MPH only reduced my mileage by .3 MPG. So take

that
> >>you speed kills freaks and tree huggers. Anyhow...
> >>
> >>This is in my '68 Galaxie 500 with a 302, FMX, and 2.80:1 gears.

> > That's because it's a sports car/muscle car.

> LOL! Now *that's* funny!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... This was my great grandma's car. The
Galaxie is a family car, and a 2 ton car with a small engine and tall
'highway' gears isn't exactly a sporty muscle car. The vinyl top (which I
think looks sharp) probably doesn't help the 'sporty' idea much either. If
it was a fastback it'd be sporty looking. My old '67 Galaxie hardtop
(hardtops only came in a faskback style) was pretty sporty lookin', but
certainly wasn't the quickest thing around with a little 289 and 2.80:1
gears. Both my '67 and '68 were made for mileage with the small engines and
tall gears. The highest I ever saw was a hair over 17 MPG with the '68 using
a 2 barrel carb. The '67 got slightly less than that at most.