Old June 14th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Thoughts on first Mustang purchase please

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:51:03 -0600, "Blue Mesteno"
> wrote:

>"Kruse" > wrote
>> If I were you, (and remember that I'm not) I'd probably pass on this
>> project, especially a unibody car that needs serious rust/rot repair.

>DEFINITELY PASS!
>Besides the fact that the 71-73, imho, is the ugliest of all the mustangs
>( yes, including the Mustang II) it's near impossible to find parts for
>them. There's almost nothing made in the aftermarket when it comes to the
>body, and that seems to be the WORST part of the build in your case. Rust
>repair is extremely expensive when done correctly.
>
>Keep your cash in your pocket and keep looking for something better.
>
>Kruse is right. It will take you twice as much time and money as you think
>to finish the project. It may not take as much time, but that comes at an
>even HIGHER price in $$$'s.

Personally, after owning a 72 for a number of years, I was quite happy
with it. Beat the heck out of Mustang IIs for looks, ran like a champ
with power to spare according to the cop who clocked me :0) and wrote
me :0(.

But, mine was only 2 years old when I got it and it was in excellent
shape.

This one I would pass on. There are too many better ones available
that others have already put the money into.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;