Old June 14th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Thoughts on first Mustang purchase please

"Kruse" > wrote
> If I were you, (and remember that I'm not) I'd probably pass on this
> project, especially a unibody car that needs serious rust/rot repair.

DEFINITELY PASS!
Besides the fact that the 71-73, imho, is the ugliest of all the mustangs
( yes, including the Mustang II) it's near impossible to find parts for
them. There's almost nothing made in the aftermarket when it comes to the
body, and that seems to be the WORST part of the build in your case. Rust
repair is extremely expensive when done correctly.

Keep your cash in your pocket and keep looking for something better.

Kruse is right. It will take you twice as much time and money as you think
to finish the project. It may not take as much time, but that comes at an
even HIGHER price in $$$'s.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302