Old December 1st 04, 08:55 AM
Richard

Sorry to hear your experiences. Sadly it sounds a bit like mine with my
local AR dealer.
Booked in GTV V6 for 48k service slightly early to ensure it was still under
warranty, and to remedy a minor oil leak. When I picked it up they confirmed
that there was an oil leak - would I like them to book it in to repair? This
was a real struggle to sort out before the end of the warranty. When I did
take it back they kept the car for two days and eventually found no trace of
an oil leak!
Worst of all after the service I walked to the car and saw the bonnet was
not properly closed - or so I thought! Turned out they had been messing with
the bumper to replace a fog light, and left the bumper loose. 6 weeks later
they still had not phoned to say the parts were in to repair this, and so I
called in to be told the parts were ready and waiting for me. Would I like
to book it in?

Home many times have we heard this type of story? Great cars let down my
poor dealer network.

"DJ" > wrote in message
> Would I use them again.....not in a hurry. My car ( 03 AR 166 2.5L V6 )

was
> in for a 24,000 mile service - cost 317 GBP including areplacing a split
> window wiper (27 GBP)
>
> They phoned me up as I was driving in and said we don't have a courtesy

car,