Old February 13th 05, 07:01 PM

The Baja definitely flopped. Subaru only sold it at first with leather
at a 26000+ cost. They tried to appeal to young active people but
proced it too high. By the time they figured this out it was too late.
I actually kind of liked it and had a deposit on one but bought the
OBW. For a bit more I got five seats and lockable cargo storage and a
locking gas cap which the Baja failed to include!!! I LOVE the Outback
wagon. My only complaint is the stock tires bridgestone potenzas have
lost most of their grip at 39,000 miles even though the treadwear shows
they should last 50k. I will have to get new ones in the spring or
summer or sooner if snow keeps up but we've been lucky in NJ so far.
No mechanical issues in 13 months/ 39k miles. I am however saddened a
bit since I just found out Jeep is selling the unlimited whick is a
modern Scrambler.
It wasnt out in 1/04 when I had to buy a car due to my Trooper getting
totalled. Jeep finally gave the Wrangler a 4spped trans but mileage
still sux. There is just no reason for that.