Old July 24th 05, 12:23 PM
Bill Putney

gary wrote:

> ...BTW next edition of your
> tips, you might mention to remember to replace the magnet after cleaning the
> pan, for the odd weekend mechanic like me. I lined up the pan after putting
> the sealant on and ran a couple of bolts into it when I had the sinking
> thought that I didn't remember replacing the magnet........ added a little
> extra work.....sigh.

And...next edition, he might mention the metal sandwich pan gasket you
can get from the dealer - re-useable and none of the mess of the
silicone sealer - would have been less traumatic when you had to take it
off again for that magnet. Much easier in taking the pan off next time,
and no clean up of sealing surfaces.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')