Old December 12th 04, 01:08 AM
Nate Nagel

Carl Taylor wrote:

> Dave Head wrote:
>

>>>Multiply you
>>>a few thousand times and that's why we have traffic jams much worse

> and
>
>>>longer than they need to be.

>>We have traffic jams 'cuz they don't build enough roads around here,

> that's
>
>>all.

> Most traffic jams are really the result of overpopulation, not a lack
> of roads. Building more roads is a temporary fix unless growth finally
> ends, but there's little hope of that with our immigration levels.
> Witness Los Angeles County, an area with few places left to put roads,
> and tremendous congestion. I don't see a solution to traffic jams
> without a cessation of growth. But people are reluctant to think at
> that level. They'll try in vain to build the problem out of existence
> and it will keep getting worse.
> C.T.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/aggressive_driving/

Driving courtesy could go a LONG way. Lack of KRETP causes "clots" in
traffic which disturbs its normal smooth flow, and in heavy traffic
situations, could be the disturbance that causes traffic to go from slow
but smooth to stop and go, as waves of cars hit their brakes.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel