Old August 28th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Storing your car.

John P. > wrote:
>Hi, I am going into the military in a few day..which calls for me to
>store my car for only 2 months. Any recommendations, and step to take
>so when i come back it will be as i left it? Thanks!

Two months isn't too long. There's no reason to pack everything in Cosmoline.
Just put some fuel stabilizer in the tank, drive it around a little bit, then
disconnect the battery, put a car cover over top or put it in the garage, and
go on.

Some folks might recommend pulling the plugs and squirting a little WD-40
in each cylinder to keep condensation from causing rust problems. I think
that's probably overkill for a couple months. On the other hand, given the
current situation, you could wind up on extended deployment for a while...
--scott