Old December 30th 03, 08:10 PM
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Roughly 12/29/03 19:09, 4000 psi's monkeys randomly typed:
> the wear seems pretty even from side-to-side and it is smooth ... would you
> say under-inflation would be the most probable cause?

Even on a Michelin with the tread belts, underinflation will tend
to wear both sides of the tire. Possibly you may have a slight
camber problem [which may be normal for your vehicle] that kept
underinflation from wearing both sides, just more or less the one.

I wouldn't risk the replacements without checking with at least
two different alignment shops.... and ask them specifically if
your QX4 is notorious for oddball tread wear. And consider
the cross side rotation pattern if it is.

[Hopefully a mechanic familiar with QX4 may read this and comment]

> the center as well as the inside of the tires looks great ... the rear tires
> look to be
> completely unaffected ... i may have run it under-inflated for a while ... i
> am just surprised how fast they shaved the outsides off ... a very expensive
> lesson for me

Yeah, the tread on those tires will normally last longer than it
is safe to run the tire itself. You can get a really really good
digital tire guage for about the cost of a couple valve stems.

--
Fan of the dumbest team in America.