Old December 27th 04, 08:34 PM
John

Default 89 Suburban Catalitic Converter Help..

Hi..
A suggestion from this board said to look at the catalitic converter causing
low power in my Suburban.
The cat was clogged up and I bought a new one.
I know this is a dumb question for the techs but the old one will not come
off.
It's loose after taking off the clamp but will not slide off the exhaust
pipe. I t acts as though is is being stopped by soomething from sliding off
the exhaust pipe.
Everything else came apart easily for replacement.
If anyone could suggest something I would appreciate it. So far have
installed a new speed cable and other small things. I am new to doing
maintenance but I am learning alot. Thanks in advance. John