Old April 23rd 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default OK guys new problem Brakes on my chopped 66

Mike West wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Would they relax later? After the car sits and cools off the brakes are
> fine.
> Don't know the part number on the MC it is a duel switch for a 67 bug. I
> just replaced what was on the pan with a new one, never thinking or knowing
> their could be a problem like this mixing disc and drum brakes.
> I'll start off by replacing the hoses. Would those stainless covered
> aftermarket ones be better than stock?
>

> Thanks! Mike

No, the hoses don't "relax". <g>

But, even though clogged, fluid can be forced thru them
under hydraulic pressure. When the fluid tries to
return it is under zero pressure.

Either good quality orig hoses or good stainless (with rubber insides).

Jim