Old June 25th 05, 05:37 AM
Jim Warman

I would be real worried about one shop sending my car to a different shop..
especially if all that the first shop had for a mandate was an oil change.
If the lube shop was tied into the dealer, I would expect a "heads up" call
and a request for either permission or a reschedule.

AFAIK, the suspect vehicles are in the 00 - 02 ish range. Your dealer can
run OASIS to see if your car is affected by any recalls.

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:19:43 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote:
>
> >Why not wait a bit to see if the scope of the recall is expanded. If you

are
> >concerned, disconnect the switch and see if there is any brake fluid
> >intrusion. AFAIK, the concern arises when brake fluid enters the switch
> >cavity and creates problems.
> >
> >FWIW, the recall is "two stage",,, one for with fluid contamination and

one
> >for without fluid contamination. None of the ones that I have serviced

have