Old December 18th 04, 08:40 PM
Rich Wales

Steve Grauman wrote:

> I'm not sure of it, but I firmly believe that the factory VW
> deck has some sort of active EQ used with the Monsoon package.

Just checking, but when you initially replaced the head unit, did you
say you kept the Monsoon speakers AND the Monsoon amplifier?

I've read some comments to the effect that the Monsoon speakers have
nonstandard impedances and frequency responses -- and that the Monsoon
amps were specially designed to deal with the Monsoon speakers -- and
that trying to use Monsoon speakers with a non-Monsoon amp (or vice
versa) was, therefore, bad news.

But if I'm understanding correctly what you said you did, the above
speaker impedance issue presumably wouldn't apply to your situation.

Rich Wales http://www.richw.org