Old February 11th 05, 09:42 PM
Birdbrain13

Default Jeep, Chrysler quality and cust. service - YUCK

I have a 2002 liberty sport with the off road and towing package. So
far while I am very happy with the engine - the rest of the vehicle is
a POS. And Chrysler has been a nightmare to deal with.

At 60 K miles - I was standing outside the vehicle talking to my
neighbor - when both airbags explode! I call chrysler - they want to
send an engineer to look at it and "investigate". 2 weeks later I get
my vehicle back - The report apparently said they didn't know why the
bags exploded - but I did nothing to cause the problem. In the
meantime I had to rent a vehicle for transport (if I had turned it in
to my insurance I would have had the car back on the road in 2 days -
but I thought I was doing chrysler a favor. It only took me 6 months
to get reimbursement for the rental vehicle.

Now the tilt wheel is flopping all over the place - turns out Chrysler
is using a non rebuildable column and typically an airbag deployment
wrecks the column. So now I have to get that fixed - and of course
chrysler says that there is "no evidence" that the bad steering column
was caused by airbag deployment.

The seat belt receptacle also quit working because of the plastic
"shoe" around the buckling mechanism. So now I have to replace that !
(chrysler says 400 bucks - ?)

This thing is going up for sale - it's the last chrysler I will ever
own - the germans can go find someone else to ignore their poor
service and poor quality!

Carl "soon to be jeepless" Johansson