Old July 5th 05, 03:08 PM
Dan

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 21:32:00 -0700, "John H." >
wrote:

>are there any aftermarket parts for the 5.7liter hemi to increase the
>horsepower?

All I've found so far is the K&N filter and/or cold air kit, and
exhaust systems by both Borla and MagnaFlow. I've installed the cold
air kit, which claims to add 12 hp. I can't measure that, but I can
tell you that being able to hear the HEMI intake is worth the cost of
the kit. The K&N website says they have the intake tube available in
three or four colors, but when I ordered a blue one I got the
run-around from K&N on a delivery date. So I changed the order to the
polished aluminum tube instead. Delivery was about six weeks. You
should be able to get a break off the list price if you know anyone at
your local speed shop.

One of the aftermarket engine control chip websites let me put my name
on a mailing list. They will let me know if and when they ever offer
a performance software upgrade for the 5.7 with multiple displacement
system. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

And of course, there is always nitrous oxide!!

Dan